Development of the enterprise SMT STICHWEH to an internationally expanding enterprise with branches across the world.
75 years after foundation STICHWEH had supplied more than 1000 scrapers, 600 bucket wheels and 100 sand and gravel preparation plants to numerous European and non-European countries.
A special milestone was the year 1990. The construction and drafting of workshop drawings was completely switched over to high-quality and extremely efficient CAD computers.
1960 – 1980
STICHWEH products enjoy also in other European countries and abroad a good reputation. The proportion of export is rising continuously. Machines are exported to Austria, France, Yugoslavia, Denmark, Canada, the Netherlands, USA and other countries.
The largest scraper KS 1000 with a bucket contents of 10 mᵌ was supplied 1978 to Denmark.
Up to 40 scrapers are sold in this year and the number of sold bucket wheels rises from year to year. The company is growing. Construction of the today’s Halle V and the administration building on the factory premises.
The first bucket wheel is constructed
In order to solve the drainage problem when extracting gravel and sand, STICHWEH develops bucket wheels. The steadily growing demand and the new development of larger bucket wheels, especially for suction dredgers, cause the expansion of the whole STICHWEH portfolio.
First appearance at the fair BAUMA in Munich
A craftsman workshop has grown to become an effective machine works. In the following years the halls II, III and IV are constructed.
From old stock father and son are building a plant for the production of machines for sand and gravel plants. The hall I is extended and the first modern machine tools are purchased.
Fritz Stichweh founds on 1. May in Thüste a company for the production and repair of machinery for the agriculture and the surrounding industry. Production of pulverizing mills, washing and sorting installations and transport systems for lime, coal, stones and sand. The first scrapers for the gravel extraction and processing machines are supplied to the area Wolfsburg to construct the Volkswagenwerk. Fritz and 5 years later his younger brother Walter join the company of their parents.
Using most simple means, repairs are carried out for the agriculture and the surrounding industry in order to provide most basic needs for the population.